How to Avoid Major Airline Baggage 870-770-7090
One of the many complaints air travelers have is the high cost of baggage fees. This cost, which averages around $25 per bag in the US, can be a deterrent for getting away on vacation and often has people opting to take two bags rather than one when traveling domestically. Here are some things that you should do to avoid major airline baggage fees.
How to avoid baggage fees
The most important thing you can do is be prepared when it comes to packing your bags. If you’re not, then you’ll have no choice but to pay for your baggage fees. You should know what essentials you need and what you don’t so that nothing gets left behind. Next, consider purchasing a prepaid travel card.
These are like debit cards, except they come with a set amount of money on them that can be used at participating retailers or airlines. You will be able to use this money to prepay for baggage and other expenses if you don’t want to carry cash with you from place to place. If all else miscarries, just pack as light as possible!
This is often the best way to avoid delta international baggage fees because if your bag doesn’t weigh too much, chances are it won’t get taxed.
Things you should do before air trip
For starters, if you’re flying with a checked bag or carrying on your luggage, make sure that the dimensions of each item you’re bringing are no more than 56 x 45 x 25 inches. Additionally, the weight is limited to one-third of your body weight or less.
It’s also important to check the airline’s baggage policy before your trip so that you know what fees you’ll have to pay and when they can be charged. For example, some airlines will charge fees after checking in online or even at the airport.
If you want to avoid any unnecessary charges like these, it’s crucial that you do a little leg work ahead of time. Speaking with an airline representative about baggage policies helps ensure that you won’t get caught off guard by unwanted fees.
Also, see: Cheap Flights Bag Fees
What should you do with your luggage?
The answer is easy: Pack light this strategy will help you avoid the suitcase fee and keep your luggage lighter, allowing you to fly with a smaller bag that’s easier to carry. However, if you’re still hesitant to pack light.
here are some other things that you can do to save money on baggage fees:
Pack loose-fitting clothing so that they don’t take up much space in your bag. Bring along a smaller suitcase as well as a duffel bag and use one or the other.
Organize your clothes and belongings in separate bags so that they’re easier to pack and find when going through security. If all else fails, book an extra seat on your flight so you can pack more bags in the overhead compartment.
5 things to avoid when traveling domestically
- Bring a backpack or duffel bag instead of a suitcase. This way, you won’t pay for excess baggage fees that come with the price of your flight ticket.
2. Check the prices of your bags before flying in order to avoid paying more than you have to for your luggage.
3. Opt for carry-on luggage if possible so that you’re not forced to pay for excess baggage.
4. Pack light and avoid bringing items such as jewelry or electronics that can easily be damaged by overhead bins and other areas in the airplane cabin.
5. Be mindful of the weight limit when checking your bags so others can be accommodated onboard.
5 things to avoid when traveling internationally.
1. Don’t try to fly with too many bags.
2. Avoid checking in luggage and carry it on instead.
3. Bring small items like electronics, jewelry, and toiletries in your carry-on bag, as well as a change of clothes for the plane’s bathroom.
4. Pack only what you need for the trip, and leave your baggage behind at home if you’re traveling short-term.
5. Ask about airline restrictions so that you know ahead of time when traveling with certain items such as firearms or alcohol is prohibited.